Links Serial Line
Over more than two decades, GarrettCom has pioneered unique utility and industrial-grade electric to fiber-optic solutions. Our family of substation hardened Optical Ethernet Hubs, Optical Ethernet Data Links, Optical Serial Data Links, Optical Link/Repeaters and Optical Stars are designed specifically for power utilities and industrial communication applications where signal integrity, reliability and overall costs are important considerations.
Serial Media Converter Options:
RS232 Single Channel
RS232 Multi Channel
Our Links and Link Repeaters are ruggedized to IEEE 1613 specifications to meet or exceed the most stringent requirements. We build the world's only truly substation-hardened Fiber-Optic Data Links by:
- Using a minimum 20-year design life criteria based on continuous operation in temperature extremes from -40° to +85°C.
- Conformal coating of internal circuit boards makes them highly resistant to moisture and contamination.
- Packaging our Data Links and Link/Repeaters in rugged, industrial-quality Galvaneal shells.
- Building models for either a low voltage platform or a platform with power inputs Surge Withstand Protected to IEC 61000-4-4, 61000-4-5 Standard and IEEE 1613 that can be directly connected to power station sources.
- The ability to withstand EMI and RFI present in Substations.
Dymec Links media converters are Class 1, Div 2
certifiied for use in hazardous locations in the US and Canada. The Class 1, Div
2 certification mark allows use of Dymec Links in ignitable environments requiring spark-free operation. This is a requirement for many customers, particularly those in petroleum and petrochemical applications, where hazardous ignitable environments abound.
All Dymec Links and Link/Repeaters are designed to be passive to software protocols. Multimode devices operate on 850 nanometer wavelength, and single-mode units operate on 1300 nanometer wavelength light. All these features have made GarrettCom
digital-to-optical-fiber products the industry standard.
Links and Stars Presentation